This page let you upload Data Exchange files to synchronize BEACON with your billing and customer information systems.
Click Show to expand the Getting Started section. Click Hide to collapse it.
Use the Getting Started section to:
- Download the BEACON Starter Spreadsheet
- Jump to a Quick Start Guide that explains the Setup and Synchronization process
- Read the Data Exchange FAQ.
- Get a step-by-step guide to manually exchanging and syncing CIS data and BEACON.
Use the Import module to provision endpoints and update account and service details by doing one of the following:
- Drop a Data Exchange file or Starter Spreadsheet file onto the Drop Zone.
During the import process, BEACON displays the following in the Activity List:
Queued—The Data Exchange file is in line, and processing will begin shortly.
Progress Bar—Once import begins, its progress is displayed as a percentage of completion.
System Updating—With the upload complete, a spinner indicates that changes are being implemented. This process can take up to 24 hours to complete.
Use the Activity List to:
- View a list of file imports
- See the Date, Time and number of records imported or prepared for import
- See the type of import that was performed
- See the number warnings and errors triggered during the import validation process
- See the name and email address of the person who handled the import
- See the method used to update the system:
- Via UI–the data exchange file was imported through the user interface (UI), that is, the file was dropped onto the Assets>System Sync>Import module
- Via API–the data exchange file was imported using the Data Exchange Import API
- Accept an import by clicking the Approve Import button
- Stop an import by clicking the Cancel Import button
- Download and review the original source file by clicking its file name
Open in a new window or tab the Exceptions Report created during the import test run by clicking View Exceptions. The total number of warnings and errors is shown, letting you quickly see whether you need to open the report and correct any errors or proceed with the import.
Use the Pagination Controls on the bottom of the Activity List to jump to the first, last or a group of entries.