Using a branded domain name and URL (for example, https://mywater.acmewater.com) will give your customers a consistent experience when they view EyeOnWater (EOW)-related content. Instead of thinking they have been directed to a third-party site, EOW will appear as part of your utility’s web site.
How to Create a Branded URL for EyeOnWater-Related Services
To create a branded domain name for EyeOnWater-related services, follow these instructions:
- If necessary, register your domain name with a domain registrar such as Network Solutions or GoDaddy.
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). There are many ways to generate a CSR. Choose one that gives you direct access to the private key. For example:
- The domain owner purchases an SSL Certificate using the CSR. For Example:
- When the SSL Certificate is issued, use a secure method to send the Certificate, Private Key and Certificate Chain to Badger Meter.NOTE: Badger Meter cannot accept Wild Card SSL Certificates.
- Badger Meter installs the new credentials for the new branded URL and updates its servers.
- The utility or domain owner updates their domain registry with the new branded URL, updating the DNS CNAME record with the value provided by Badger Meter in step 4.
* An additional annual fee is required. Contact your BEACON AMA sales representative for details.