On the Reader Codes page, use the Alert Codes, Reader Codes and Trouble Codes sections to create or revise the ID descriptions used by ORION Mobile Read software or Field Director application and displayed on Monitor page cards for meters. Reader and Trouble codes are predefined messages that can be sent from ORION Mobile Read software to BEACON. Alert codes are predefined messages that are sent from BEACON to ORION Mobile Read software.
Each code must be defined in BEACON before it can be used in the field. If you are using a laptop or tablet with ORION Mobile Read software, each Reader Code must also be built and maintained in the Field Director application.
To create a Reader Code, do the following:
- Click Create in the section that relates to the type of code you want.
- Type a number between 1 and 99 in the ID field.
- Define the code in the Description field. Descriptions can be up to 32 characters long.
- Click Create.
To edit a code, do the following:
- In any Reader Code section, click the ID you want to revise.
- In the Edit menu, revise the description and click Save.
To delete an ID:
- Click the ID you want to remove.
- In the Edit menu, click Delete.