The Historical Data Extractions page lets utilities with ORION ME mobile and ORION SE fixed network endpoints:
- Extract up to 90 days of historical hourly interval read data from mobile drive-by and handheld walk-by reading devices (requires ORION Mobile Read or ORION Field Application for Trimble Ranger handheld reading devices).
- Assign new extractions.
- View previous extractions for the selected endpoint.
To assign a new extraction:
- Select an endpoint of interest by locating its card on the Monitor page.
- Use the More>Data Extractions drop-down menu to jump directly to the Historical Data Extraction page.
- Click Create New Extraction.
- Choose the number of days to extract data. Note: The default is 90 days. To choose fewer days, type a different number or use the up/down arrows to increase or decrease the value.
- Assign the job to a reader with the Assign To drop-down menu.
- Click Create to complete the assignment or Cancel to stop the process.To view previous extractions:
To view extracted data:
When data extraction completes, the calendar shows the dates spanning the extraction as blue circles. In the example below, the extraction was from October 19 through November 12.
To see previous data extractions, click the arrows to step backward and forward through the Extraction History Interval Data graph.
The entire latest extraction is displayed in the Extraction History Interval Data graph by default, while the calendar display looks back from the last day of the extraction. In the example below, you would click the back arrow to see the beginning of the extraction on December 8, 2017.
The Endpoint Serial Number, Meter Timezone, and Total Number of Reads are displayed at the top of the graph.
About Extracted Read Totals
The total number of extracted reads is displayed next to the Meter Timezone in the Extraction History Interval Data graph. Endpoints collect hourly or quarter-hourly reads, depending on the aggregation period. Endpoints that record hourly data store up to 90 days of historical data. Endpoints that record quarter-hourly data store up to 22.75 days of historical data.
When you extract data, the total number of reads includes both the previous n days and the current day reads. In addition, the maximum read total for both hourly and quarter-hourly extractions is 2184.
- Hourly Read Totals. Exporting 90 days of hourly data plus the reads for the current day can be expressed as 90 * 24 = 2160 + 1-24. When exporting 7 days of historical hourly reads, the total will range from 169 to 192, because 90 * 7 = 168 + 1-24.
- Quarter-Hourly Read Totals. Exporting 22.75 days of historical quarter-hourly reads can be expressed as 21.75 * (24*4) = 2088 + 1-96.
If Extended Status messages were extracted, exceptions are displayed as dots on the Extraction History Interval Data graph.
- Hover the cursor over a dot to get a description of the Extended Status message.
To zoom-in on an area of interest, do one of the following:
- Click and drag to highlight an area to zoom-in on. On release, the Consumption Graph zooms to display more detail.
- Click any date to jump to it in the Extraction History Interval Data Graph. Note that unless the mobile endpoint was read on a particular day, there may not be any reads associated with a given date.
To reset the zoom, double-click anywhere on the graph.
- Click the Flow, Meter Reading and Exceptions buttons to toggle those values on and off.
Meter Readings are toggled off in the graph above.
To download interval reads and extended status messages in a CSV-format file, click Export as CSV.
To save the current view in the Extraction History Interval Data graph as a PNG file click Export as Graph.