From the Staff page those with Admin or Support roles can:
- View, manage and export lists of Utility Staff users, along with:
- Their status and user role (green dot = active, blue dot = pending)
- Their Assigned Filter
- The date/time of their last activity (No Recent Activity = the user has not logged in for three months)
- The date their BEACON account was created.
- Invite users to create BEACON Logins.
- Assign predefined roles and customized roles and permissions to utility staff and guest users.
- Assign and manage Access Filters.
To personalize your staff listing, use your BEACON sign-in email address and upload a picture here.
Click Export to download a list in CSV format of all Utility Staff members. The list includes their:
Date they were added to the system
Mobile access status
User Creation Method (see table)
|User Creation Method||Description|
|BEACON Invite||Invited to use BEACON by an Admin user via Users page>Staff tab>New User.|
|API||SSO user created by Badger Meter personnel.|
|Ap_Onboard||Accounts Payable User created by Badger Meter personnel during initial setup.|
|Onboard||Owner created by Badger Meter personnel during initial setup.|
Invite New Users
Click New User and follow the steps below to invite a staff member to create a BEACON account.
TIP: Users who need access to both BEACON and EyeOnWater must use unique email addresses for each system. If someone has a gmail account, they can easily add a “label” to the email address so that, for example, name+utility@gmail and name@gmail can be used to log in to BEACON and EyeOnWater, respectively.
- Enter the user’s full name, email address (required) and, if desired, phone number.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose a role. Predefined roles include Admin, Support, Installer and Manager. Custom Roles created using the Roles tab will also be displayed. The table below describes the permissions granted to each predefined role.
- Click Invite User to complete the process. Click Cancel to start over.
Start typing in the box. The system will auto-fill based on the first two characters entered.
Use the drop-down menu to filter results by Status, Role, Special Role Filter Set and Disabled.