Data exported from BEACON gets saved as files that get stored on your computer in locations that are determined by your browser settings. All BEACON supported browsers let you:
- Select specific locations for each download
- Select a default location where all downloaded files get saved.
By default, browsers save files to these locations:
• Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista: c:\Users\Username\Downloads
• Mac OS: /Users/Username/Downloads
• Linux: /Users/Username/Downloads
Use the following instructions to change the download location for your preferred browser.
- Go to Chrome>Open Menu>Settings>Advanced>Downloads (Windows) or Chrome>Preferences>Advanced>Downloads (Mac OS).
- Click Change, and navigate to the folder where you want to save all your downloads.
- Click Select.
- Alternately, toggle the switch next to Ask where to save each file before downloading to choose a location for each download.
- Go to Go to Downloads Settings.
- Click the More button (…) in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click View Advanced Settings.
- Click Change.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save downloaded files.
- Alternately, toggle on Ask me what to do with each download.
- Click the More button to close the menu.
- Go to Firefox>Preferences>General>Files and Applications>Downloads.
- Next to Save files to, click Choose.
- Navigate to the folder where you want save downloads, and click Open.
- Alternately, to choose a location for each download click Always ask you where to save files.
Internet Explorer 11
- Select Tools>View downloads.
- In the View Downloads dialog box, select Options in the lower-left.
- Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you want to save downloaded files.
- Click OK.
- Choose Safari>Preferences>General.
- Use the File download location pull-down menu to choose the folder where you want to save downloaded files, or choose Ask for each download.